Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Mommy Brain in Full Effect

Apparently I forgot I even started this blog, but it seems to be an annual occurrence that I feel like starting one. I got the idea in my head the other day and was scoping out the situation today when I stumbled upon this gem.

So please excuse the years worth of dust. I hope to update pretty regularly as part of my half way through the year resolution.

Now I'll update with what I planned on updating about. My kids and their eating habits.

Being totally transparent here, my kids have some of the most limited diets I have ever seen. Caleb only currently eats goldfish, teddy grahams, potato chips/pringles, tortilla chips, fruit juice, yogurt and soy milk. Yogurt has been thrown in recently and I'm trying to figure out a way to put it in his lunch without it being a huge mess.

Elijah has a pretty good diet, but most of the time I still have to make a separate dinner for him. He will eat breaded chicken and breaded fish in most shapes and sizes, french fries, apples, bananas, grapes, pound cake, cake, teddy soft bakes, zebra cakes, doritos, popcorn and potato chips/pringles.

Because of this we are looking into feeding therapy for Caleb, cause I can't take much more of it. Hopefully they will be able to help us to get him to try more foods. Then we can take that knowledge and use it with Elijah as well. I'm also hoping this comes about quickly, because we found a great place in Lewisville that did PROMPT and feeding therapy, but we were on their waiting list for months waiting for an after school slot to open up. After about 5 months we gave up on them calling and started looking around again.

I emailed a place in Plano to see if they had any openings and could help Caleb with both, but haven't heard anything back from them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment