Wednesday, September 6, 2017

One Month

Today marks one month since the boys and I officially moved to Texas. What can I say, it has been quite an adventure. New everything is hard to adjust to, even when you think you are prepared for it.

It really has been an emotional roller coaster for everyone. We were sad to leave all our friends and family back in Maryland, but we had faith that God would bring bigger and better things. We haven't really made friends yet, but it has only been a month. Can't expect too much too soon.

I think we possibly have found a church though. The only thing I don't like about it is that the music is super loud during worship. But the good outweighs the bad. The teachings hold my attention and are engaging. The worship would be great if it were more quiet. The kids love the Sunday school and actually tell us about what they learned about without being asked. And lastly, the people seem really nice. I could totally see us getting involved in a small group there.

Everything else is going well. My job is going great. I really like it there. The commute is kind of horrible, but I like everything else about it.

The kids are adjusting well to school. I just updated with pictures on Instagram last night. They seem to like their teachers and most of the kids are nice to them. The only incident we had was when two little girls said they didn't want to play with Elijah at After the Bell.

But that's about it in our little world. Hoping to visit Kevin and Jacqi this weekend, but we will see what happens. Weekends are always a crap shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment